Veeder-Root hubodometers record the distance or area covered by rolling stock, primarily commercial Over-The-Road trailers, large buses, trains, and agricultural equipment. Adjustments for rail include blocking off the 10th wheel.
Mechanical counters mount to the axle of a vehicle or trailer and count each axle rotation to track total miles/ kilometers/ acres/ hectares traveled.
The 7777 Series Veeder-Root Mechanical Hubodometer provides rugged, reliable operation for all applications. The die-cast zinc housing is hermetically sealed and filled with inert gas and protected by a double O-ring. As the vehicle axle rotates, the entire hubodometer housing rotates. However, an eccentrically mounted weight remains stationary inside the device. The weight, or magnet, always points down as the body of the hubometer rotates around it, counting each rotation. Contrasting wheels on the hubodometer faceplate display the readout in real-time.
The 7777 Series Veeder-Root Mechanical Hubodometer is also known as “the original hubodometer” and boasts features such as:
- Records every revolution in both directions
- Hermetically sealed with inert gas and double o-ring protection
- Precision shaft supported front and rear with needle bearings
- Specified by revolution per mile/kilometer – not just tire size
- 300,000 mile/500,000 kilometer warranty (no time limit)
- A unique counterbalance design prevents orbiting – even on rough roads
- Magnifying crystal enlarges digits and angles up for easier reading
- Speed: 1,000 RPM maximum
- Warranty: 300,000 miles or 500,000 kilometers
- Size of Figures: 0.187 in. high by 0.125 in. wide (4.75mm x 3.18mm)
- Color of Figures: Tenths wheel is red on white; the other wheels are white on black
- Mounting: 0.500-20 UNF 2A threaded integral mounting stud
- Construction: Case: die-cast zinc; Figure Wheel, Pinion, and Gears: acetal resin; Crystal: polycarbonate resin; Needle Bearings: steel; Main Shaft: hardened steel