The heart of the Sentry35 is the GlobalWave MT3500 satellite modem that communicates over the GlobalWave™ satellite network. This is a bi-directional satellite network that permits data and messages to be received from the Sentry35, as well as allowing polls, messages, and commands to be sent to the Sentry35.
The Sentry35’s most basic function is that of a Run/No-Run callout alarm for remote site equipment such as natural gas compressors, well heads, tanks, pumps, etc. The Sentry35 is self-powered by its own internal lithium battery pack, which can last over 2 years in simple callout applications. A solar module can be added to save hundreds of dollars and preserve battery life. The internal vibration sensor can be used for completely non-intrusive, “zero install” monitoring of compressors and engines. Simple end devices such as pressure switches, dry contacts, etc. can be monitored by connecting them through an inexpensive cable directly to the Sentry35’s I/O port. These end-devices require no external power source, making simple monitoring for site alarm conditions easier than ever.
SatAlarm-Server is the web based user interface to the data. Alarm notifications via email, pager, text message to cell phone, and voice call by live operator are orchestrated by SatAlarm-Server. Users can log in securely to view current and historical data, generate reports, poll for up to the minute information from the remote asset, and more.
- 2-way data transmission direct to satellite
- Seamless Globalwave coverage of North and Central America
- Self contained (no external wires, power, or sensors for basic operation)
- Long battery life
- Certified for hazardous locations – Class I, Division 2, Groups A-D, USA and Canada
- Internal sensors for vibration, temperature, battery voltage
- Serial port for short text and data messaging
- Integrated GPS receiver for location and tracking using maps on SatAlarm-Server web site
- External I/O connector for optional monitoring of digital and analog sensors and other end devices
- Easy installation from in-the-box to full-functionality
- Powerful magnets for mounting Sentry35 onto equipment and vehicles (no brackets required)
- No moving parts to wear out
- Unlimited access to the secure SatAlarm-Server web site
Self-contained vibration monitoring unit